Monday, October 06, 2008

Missing An Ear

...and I've missed the election deadline. I completely forgot about registering and such. Maybe I can get an absentee ballot. I'd vote for Obama if only to keep McCain/Palin out. I guess it's the best policy, though it's something atrocious that I detest anyone for...

also, Blue Velvet is a wierd, fucked up movie. I've been thinking about it cos Shoeless keeps mentioning Mulholland Dr., another Lynch movie that's equally fucked up. Anyway, Lost Highway and Blue Velvet, along with Dune, are some of my favorite Lynch films, though velvet is so dense and complex that it kinda stands as a truly self referential film.

Oh, Wild At Heart is a kick ass sweet movie as well. And it involves and was shot in South Carolina, according to my dad.

Echo and The Bunnymen's Siberia is a great album. i got it for my dad for like Father's Day two years ago and he still listens to it in the car. Very expansive and mood-inducing.

z out

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home