Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Mike Johnson

my favorite teacher ever, my tenth grade ap european history teacher, mike johnson died this morning at home. apparently he had been fighting a rare blood cancer. funerals probably gonna be on thursday or friday. i just heard about it a few minutes ago myself...mom got an email from one of her teacher friends at the old school.

i hate that cos he was the teacher that completely turned around my attitude toward school, made me enjoy learning and realise that acting like a kid would only get you so far. he made me realise how great it was to embrace knowledge, rather than act like it was something that you had to be doing.

he also got me into jazz...he was a jazz piano player in the fifties and sixties...he used to tell stories about playing with bb king in the peabody hotel in chicago, playing with miles davis in a recording session, all these great stories.

now hes dead.

ci'e la vie.

z out

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

-hugs- I'm very sorry to hear that. It sounds like he accomplished a lot in his life though.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 at 2:47:00 PM EDT  
Blogger OOKKI-SAN! said...

thanks...everyone i love seems to die on me recently...

z out

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 at 5:53:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A tad late, but my computer has been acting up. Anyway... I'm sorry, hon. Let me know if you need anything.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006 at 11:08:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home