Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Fuck

already ive gotten into a fight with family. i fucking hate everything now.

when i get home, my drumset is slightly different. i can feel it, but i wait until today to look at it. when i do the sticks are not where they should be, the earplugs flung in the floor, as if hit by someone, roughly. after setting them back i ask my bro who has been playing them. he says brandon, someone i do not under any circumstances want on my instrument, then he says no some little kid, but mom said it was okay.

i go and ask my mom: (verbatim)

"did you let some little kid play my drums?"


she says no. j reminds her, and she says well hes in eight grade hes not a little kid. i ask if hes a drummer, she says she doesnt know. then she goes into living room and rouses my dad by blowing it out of proportion (yelling and such). we go into music room.

we then have arguement over the right and wrong of people, when im not there, whom i dont know, who arent drummers, playing my kit.

then it comes out.

my mom says, "im sorry that while you were out of town we had people over and their child played your drums."

she feels put on the defensive because i asked a fucking question. she says my tone made her feel like she was supposed to cower.

I ASKED A FUCKING QUESTION!

she then storms out of the house and my dad talks with me. she doesnt know why i feel like this cos she doesnt have a musical instrument, hell she cant even play a musical instrument.

fuck.

then to get a nice day i have to apologize to her about putting her on the defensive...

then again maybe i am too overprotective of my instruments...

however...all of my gear is not made anymore...

the green alvarez aco/electric guitar is one of the last five they ever made, meaning they made 1500 period in that color. my electric gibson les paul in faded yellow is not made anymore...only the sg model is, which isnt even the same guitar. my yamaha dp select drums are not made anymore. my 1978 ludwig vistalite acrylic drums are not made anymore. the only instrument i have that doesnt bother me when people play it is the electric drumset, and they make those still.

is it too overprotective to worry about vintage instruments that you own?

z out, and in a pissy mood.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sucks. I don't know it seems like if somebody should be highly protective about anything, very expensive, no longer manufactured instruments would be a wise a choice. Never mind the part where folk tend to bond freakishly to their instruments. I'd say you could come to Atlanta early and crash on my couch, my folks loved you. But alas my home isn't very fun right now either. Best of luck to you. I find burning things down helps.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 at 1:58:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home